This weekend, I’ve decided to whip up some clean-eating treats to keep my sweet tooth satisfied, and to be prepared when the urge to snack kicks in.
And, since it’s summer, I have been craving citrus flavors. I have always loved all things, lemon, so I wanted to whip up a sweet, but clean-eating lemon treat that is anti-inflammatory, gluten-free, and contains no refined sugars. And of course, it has to be yummy, or what’s the point?
The almond flour in this recipe is a great source of protein, which means these small but mighty lemon drops will keep you feeling fuller longer, and give you a boost of natural energy.
The coconut oil is a good fat that will satisfy your cravings for sugar and fats and aids in digestion.
So, whip these up and snack guilt-free!
CLEAN-EATING LUSCIOUS LEMON DROPS
Prep Time: 10 mins
Inactive Time: 50 mins
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: Approximately 18 small Lemon Drops
No Refined Sugar
· 1 ½ cups almond flour
· ¼ cup coconut flour
· ¼ cup coconut oil
· ¼ cup organic lemon juice
· ¼ cup organic maple syrup
· Zest of half lemon
· ½ tsp organic pure vanilla extract
· Dash of salt
· ¼ cup of unsweetened shredded coconut (for garnish)
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add almond flour, coconut flour, coconut oil, organic lemon juice, organic maple syrup, half of the lemon zest (reserve other half for optional garnish), organic vanilla extract, and salt to a food processor or blender (on pulse) and blend until a smooth mixture is achieved.
3. Remove the mixture, put in a glass bowl and cover. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until mixture achieves the consistency of raw cookie dough.
4. Measure out small amounts of mixture with a teaspoon or melon baller. Oil your hands with a small amount of coconut oil, and form each small teaspoon of mixture into uniform balls.
5. Roll the balls in the unsweetened shredded coconut and the optional leftover lemon zest.
6. Line the lemon drops on the parchment lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 40 minutes.
Enjoy! Did you give them a try? Let me know all about it! Come hang out with me online: